25 Healthy St. Patrick’s Day Desserts5f20c013ec150f9d27f066cb4518a3a1
St. Patrick’s Day is a fun and meaningful day to celebrate, but most of the desserts made for this day include loads of sugar and artificial food coloring. We’ve put together a list of Healthy St. Patrick’s Day Desserts to help you celebrate without the guilt!
Saint Patrick’s Day holds a special place in my heart.
My father is from Dublin, Ireland and March 17th was my late mother’s birthday.
In fact, most of my father’s relatives still live on the Emerald Isle and my father has just moved back to Ireland–we miss him!
I visited Ireland during my college years and it really is a special place (though I’m sure in the many many years since then that it’s changed quite a bit.)
While in Ireland one summer, I did the following:
- Studied at Trinity College. But the courses were in Irish History and Literature so I don’t recall much. Just ask my husband – I’m a math and science brain for sure!
- Spent loads of time with relatives.
- Hitch-hiked across the small island in 6 hours with another girl in my program (yes, it was safe to do that in Ireland then–I even had the blessing of my very cautious Irish grandmother!)
- Enjoyed all the funny names for things like the word “crisps” for potato chips.
- Learned that fresh eggs can be stored at room temperature for a long time (they have eggs stacked on the floor in the grocery store!)
- Walked into a pub on the Western side where everyone was speaking Gaelic, Ireland’s native language.
St. Patrick’s Day History
The story behind St. Patrick’s Day is inspiring. In a nutshell:
- Patrick was from Britain, born near the end of the fourth century.
- When he was sixteen, he was kidnapped by Irish raiders and forced to tend sheep in Ireland.
- His trials led him to seek God. One day he thought he heard God telling him to flee his captors, so he did.
- He was caught again and put into slavery, but again escaped and returned to Britain.
- He had another “vision” from God calling him back to Ireland.
- There, he studied with priests, became a priest and a deacon, and eventually Bishop of Ireland.
- “Patrick evangelized, taught literacy, equipped men and women for ministry, and provided leadership for new churches throughout the Emerald Isle.”
We don’t participate in all of the alcohol, etc., but I like to celebrate on some level.
I’d love to do the whole naturally corned beef and all that, but sometimes just having a few fun green or rainbow-themed treats is enough and is a great way celebrate as well. It’s more about the Leprechaun tales than the real St. Patrick, but you can always tell the real story along with the fabricated tales.
Of course, if you’d like to have a more simple meal for St. Patrick’s Day, you could serve up this Paleo Shepherd’s Pie with Roasted Vegetables. It’s lovely.
So here are some Healthy St. Patrick’s Day Treats to enjoy with friends or family. I do so hope you enjoy them and better health as well.
Healthy St. Patrick’s Day Desserts
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
Mini Mint Chocolate Brownies
Secret-Ingredient Mint Fudge â€“ vegan and sugar free
Grasshopper Pie â€” gluten free, paleo & dairy free
Dairy-free Matcha Ice Cream (paleo & vegan)
Mint Chocolate Ice Cream with Ganache Swirl – dairy free & low carb, with AIP option
Keto St. Patrick’s Day Sugar Cookies (Vegan Gluten-Free Paleo)
Creamy Avocado Lime Pudding – paleo & vegan
4-Ingredient Avocado Mint Nice Cream
No-Bake Coconut Avocado Grasshopper Bars – paleo & vegan
Gluten-Free Vegan Matcha Brownies
Tropical Pineapple, Macadamia and Spirulina Maxima Bars
Healthy Shamrock Shake Recipe – Dairy Free
Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (dairy free with sugar-free option)
Healthy Green Velvet Cake
Keto Key Lime Poke Cake
Mint Chocolate Chip Brownies (Paleo GF)
Key Lime Popsicles (low carb & dairy free with AIP & vegan option)
No-Bake Chocolate Matcha Cream Tart
Baked Gluten-Free Vegan Funfetti Doughnuts (Paleo)
Raw Vegan Matcha Cheesecake (paleo too!)
Instant Avocado Vanilla Pudding (Vegan)
Matcha Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies (Vegan & Paleo)
No-Bake Andes Mint Bars
Whatever you choose to do, I hope this Saint Patrick’s Day finds you healthy and enjoying loved ones around you.
Which Healthy St. Patrick’s Day Dessert is your favorite?
St. Patrick’s Day is a fun and meaningful day to celebrate, but most of the desserts made for this day include loads of sugar and artificial food coloring. We’ve put together a list of Healthy St. Patrick’s Day Desserts to help you celebrate without the guilt! Saint Patrick’s Day holds a special place in my…
The post 25 Healthy St. Patrick’s Day Desserts appeared first on Whole New Mom. […]Read More